Wednesday, March 14, 2012

the amazing, impressive looking, but super simple blueberry donut scam

I call it a scam because this will look like you slaved over some gourmet recipe all morning, and it will taste like it too, but trust me - there is no slaving!
Mama don't play homemade :)

You know me - - it has to be easy.

So it's spring break. I'm determined to not eat chicken and vegetables the entire week. This is a week of fun. This is a week where I'll actually make fun breakfast, and treats, and I'm even making these! OMG!!!

I got up and decided I'd make some simple blueberry muffins - yes I do the box kind.
But as always, everything goes into the donut pan instead, to make it more fun.
Then the hubs strolled on down and said - "you should put a glaze on this!"
"Yes, that's what I was thinking. I have some - in a squeeze bottle!" (because again, I don't do homemade)
So then he stares at it and says "You should make a blueberry glaze"
I just gave him the look, like - you want a blueberry glaze, you better get on it.
So he whips out a pan, puts some butter in it and starts mashing some blueberries.
This was literally like a 3 or 4 step process. Easy Peasy!
So he added the blueberries, then squirt in some glaze, and added a touch of lime and some lime zest. sauteed for mere moments and then we poured it over the donut/muffin, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
AND IT WAS CRAZY AMAZING!!!!!

1. Start with basically 3 things - glaze (however you like it), berries, muffin mix

 2. After making the muffins or donuts, put a little butter in a pan
3. mash berries of choice
 4. Add to saute pan, then add as much glaze as you want

 5. Saute and stir for a few minutes, and we added a little squirt of lime and lime zest here too

6. Pour over top! OBSERVE GLORIOUSNESS!!!!  Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar :)

ENJOY


The level of how impressive the end result looks & tastes got us thinking - next time we have people over, totally making these for dessert. My idea is to use the triple chocolate chunk muffin mix, and make the glaze with strawberries and amaretto :) How awesome would that be?!?!?!

SERIOUSLY TRY IT!!!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

sounds yummy....the possibilities are coming through. Thanks for the inspiration.