Monday, January 16, 2012

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."

You may have noticed this video on my blog before. I keep it on the right side.
This video was made by my dear friends.
This is their son - Asher. He has cystic fibrosis.
But that's not who he is. It is however, something he has to put up with - every day. all day. forever.
{"Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide)."}
So his very breath is difficult. I can't imagine that. Asher has to take pills before he can eat, and he has to endure long treatments every single day in order to keep his lungs healthy.

Asher is one of the most amazing little boys I know.  I first saw this video a couple years ago I think,
and it totally changed me. It changed how much I complained about the little things, the stupid things, the sick kid days, the screaming kid days, the high maintenance days... it put a lot in perspective.
I have over and over been blown away by the amazing parents my friends Rachel & Jeremy are.
I have repeatedly been blessed by knowing them, been in awe of my God merely by watching them, or listening to them, or by knowing their life, if only even a little and watching them somehow survive after losing their second son, Paxon - just last year. He also had CF.
These boys make me want to fight harder than I know how. Dream bigger than I know is possible, and to LOVE and LIVE so far outside the box that life cannot contain me.
Because these boys inspire me. daily. always.


Please please take a few moments and watch these amazing videos their proud papa made. He is so gifted in these creations. The first one was even picked up by the National CF foundation.


Untitled from zeropointD on Vimeo.

This is the new one they created last year - equally as great. And you can see how much Asher is growing and watching life move around him, constantly discovering and maturing. It's amazing.

teamASHER 2011 Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Video from teamAsher on Vimeo.

I really cannot WAIT to see this year's video at the 4th annual TeamAsher Auction!!!
I was so thrilled to participate in this auction last year. I created a couple necklaces for it last time, and the proceeds go to the CF foundation. We believe that a cure is out there! We need to find it!!!
Jeremy & Rachel really have such an amazing heart that is fiercely determined to do whatever they possibly can to help this foundation get closer to their goals. To help their son find better medicines. To find out as much as they can for him and to keep him healthy.
I absolutely want to fight with them. Raise money & raise hope with them. Participate in any effort possible.

This year I am donating 4 designs. 3 of them are new ones created just for this event. I really hope you will come check it out (if you are local) on February 25.
Whether you are local or not - PLEASE consider donating a product or a service that could contribute to the success of the event. I know they would be so incredibly happy to hear from you! You can check out the information page here, and see the impressive list they already have put together. Plus they are giving shout outs for these vendors on facebook and twitter. It will be added exposure for you.

This is a new style for the prayer box pendant, upgraded to a long, 22" sterling silver ball chain,
with a sterling silver rectangle that says "live.hope.be"
You can tuck your prayer or hope or wish inside the prayer pendant box. 
Fresh water pearl in bright turquoise, with chocolate brown mini crystal drop.
value $50

 For the special little girl in your life.
sterling silver "dream" pendant with purple and pink crystal drops 
and a beautiful butterfly pendant with tiny swarovski crystals 
on a 16" silver ball chain
value $27

 I loved this one.
This one is also on an upgraded, long 22" sterling silver ball chain
sterling silver cascading sized circles say:
live.hope.breathe
with upgraded lavender Czech crystal
& a dark mini purple pearl drop.
{Purple is the official color for the CF foundation}
Value $60

This is a long style, bohemian inspired, mixed metal piece o a 30" antiqued gold colored chain.
The larger bronze circle says "He who gives breathe gives life"
There is a thin, floating antiqued, gold circle that hangs over it in tiny script - the repeated words: 
love hope dream trust
Antiqued gold colored owl hangs over that {In honor of Paxon, Asher's brother}
green fresh water pearl drop with mini green crystal drop
Value $33

I hope you like these - and I hope you will come and bid! If you don't have an item to donate, or ship, you can come SHOP! I got LOTS of great stuff last year!!!
If not, please feel free to donate online.


"Whatever the struggle, continue the climb. It may be only one step to the summit."
~Diane Westlake

1 comment:

Laura and Sarah said...

We've just found your site - your designs are absolutely gorgeous, and so is your blog! We can't wait to follow your story and ideas as your newest member!

Laura & Sarah xo
sprezzaturaourway.blogspot.com