Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Who you are, and why you are here...


Do you ever stop to think: Who you are... & Why you are here?....

I heard last night from a great speaker {Dan Webster} - that one of our greatest responsibilities to a child, is to help them discover who they are & why they are here. If they are clear early on concerning their inner core, they will be more secure & more capable in life.
Imagine if they could say "My soul knows very well who I was made to be".

**Pay attention to the moments that wake them up inside.**
Then explore them. & constantly affirm what you see to them.
Never miss an opportunity to tell that child when you see something positive in them.
We need to make sure they know.
WHO THEY ARE
&
WHO THEY ARE NOT

There is no greater joy than to see your child walking in truth.

I will valiantly battle to make sure my kids feel confident in who they are at their inner core, and to never doubt that.


I will definitely be checking out one of his book recommendations:
Parker Palmer: Let your Life speak

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love this post. It is so true and I hope I am able to show my children who they are. Sometimes I think I am still trying to figure out who I am.
p.s. I love the picture on your sidebar of them by the door...precious