Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Epiphany design...


I had an Epiphany this weekend. So I'll call this my epiphany design :)
Each design is usually inspired by something.
Today I was thinking about - what are 2 things I want to say to you.
You as in the general public that sometimes notices what I'm doing, who may or may not even be listening.

To you I want to say: Make your memories. and. Live love.
That's all I got.



Now, to expand on that...
When I was growing up, when we were doing something fun, my mom would always say
"we're making memories!"
All the time.
She wanted me to notice what we were doing. To remember it. To take a mental picture so I'd hold on to the memory of what we were doing. Not to just go along with the flow of every day, and take it for granted. And I always did take note of that. Maybe too much :) Maybe this is why I can't get rid of anything - everything is a memory to me. Every movie ticket, every note, a special leaf I picked up on a trip, it could be anything. Don't look in my garage. It's many many boxes of what would look like junk to you. But I hold on to all of it. I hoard keepsakes :)

I say the same things to my kids. "We're making memories", and I have to capture every one of them with a photo. A little memento of that moment. I am an obsessive picture taker. I can't even keep up with all the photos I take. But I can't miss a thing.

So this new design is sort of an inspired piece. To ask you to 'make your memories'. To notice them, to go out in to the world and create the memories you want to have. Build the life you want.
And in the same token, to 'live love'. If you are constantly living out love in your life, the memories will come easily, because you will see it every day. You will find joy when you choose the path of living out of love in all that you do.

So to me, I will wear this piece as a reminder of those 2 things. On this one, the camera to me is more of a symbol to signify to capture those memories. To remember the joyful, lovely, every day moments, and to not let them get lost in the mundane and sometimes hard aspects of life.

So even though this could easily be a photographer design, I believe it's also a design for anyone. Maybe the obsessive picture taker like me, or just for anyone else that wants to stand behind the idea to live life. live love. make your memories. and capture them. Take your mental pictures.

And I hope this will help to hold me accountable to stay on track with that myself.
Maybe all 1,829 of you can hold me accountable :) LOL!

I am also offering a style without the camera pendant. It is replaced by a little puffy silver heart.

You can choose the silver chain or the copper.
You can see in the pictures near the top that you can layer the pieces how you want to.
They move easily around the chain, so if you want the camera on top, or the silver on top, it's sort of a mix & match however you like.


Everyone has something to say right? To be heard? To be known... isn't that human nature?
What would YOU say to the world?


Both are in the shop:


2 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Everything about this post is so beautiful! One of the many reasons I love you!!!

Debra Chatman said...

I love it, and the epiphany behind it!